Friday, December 27, 2013

MTC Week #2

Since Elder Johnson was in the MTC on Christmas, we didn't get our Christmas phone call :( We did get a short email...
 "I don't have much time to write at all today, they allowed us just like 20 minutes to hurry and write friends and family today so I wanted to just send a quick email today wishing everyone a merry Christmas! Christmas here in the MTC is so great! Lots of people would always ask me if I was sad I was gonna miss Christmas and I thought I would but I dont feel like im missing anything, Christmas here is such a happy thing. It is all focused on the savior and his birth. We even have a general authority coming to speak with us in an hour... they wont tell us who though so ill have to send another update on Friday! Love you all, hope you have a great day! Love, elder Johnson"
So I guess my Christmas came on Friday with a much longer email and some pictures, plus I was able to email back and forth for a few minutes...all is well with Elder Johnson and I love his new name, Elder Gazelle

 "I only have like 4 more days till I fly to arkansas, Im pretty excited to get out of here and start teaching real investigators. the classroom study here becomes really long and sometimes boring, I cant wait to be able to start using all my hours of studies to serve the lord and the people of arkansas. we are in the same small classroom for probably 8 hours a day along with atleast one other meeting every day. Its a lot of work here, I think one of the biggest things going into a mission is to be ready to work hard all the time because there is no rest out here at all. Christmas is a great experience in the MTC, we started the day being able to email family and friends, which is one of my favorite things to do, its so great to here from you guys. following email time we had a talent show and a special devotional where Elder Bednar came and talked to us. They handed out 200 phones to the audience at the devotional and asked us to text a certain number questions we wanted to ask Bednar and they would pop up on his ipad as he was speaking and he would answer them. He had so much great advice for us, he is truly a servant of the lord. we were so blessed to be able to hear from him. That was definitely the highlight of christmas but we also go to watch a church christmas movie and a jazz band came and played music for us. I got my flight plans the other day but I have no idea what time I will be able to call, im pretty sure im leaving here really early in the morning.. I guess you will just have to be ready for a call anytime tuesday from 3 in the morning to noon... I have no idea how it all works. I havnt had a lot of time to workout this week because of christmas and all so I have only been able to run twice this week but eliptical every other day. all the people in my residence hall now know me as the Elder gazelle and all make jokes about gazelles and what they should eat, act, and almost everything else about them. I have now been taught a gazelles mating call, how I should eat and how I should act. I love all these guys gonna miss them all when I fly out to arkansas. I also met Elijah Armstrongs sister here and we have become pretty good friends she is going to Virginia next week. 2 of my 3 roommates are also going to Arkansas and they are pretty sick its gonna be great! I want to thank everyone for all the mail and packages I have received, receiving mail is like the greatest thing ever, it always make your day so much better. Hope everything is going great back home, have a great new years eve! Love, Elder Johnson"

No comments:

Post a Comment